(last updated on 05 August 2021)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Article 1 – General information
Article 2 – Which of your personal data do I process?
Article 3 – What do I use your personal data for?
Article 4 – How do I share your personal data with third parties?
Article 5 – How long do I keep your personal data?
Article 6 – What are your rights?
Article 7 – How do I protect your personal data?
Article 8 – Cookies
ARTICLE 1 GENERAL INFORMATION
Marin-artist complies with the “Wet van 30 juli 2018 betreffende de bescherming van natuurlijke personen met betrekking tot de verwerking van persoonsgegevens” (Belgian law that protects the processing of personal data of natural persons) and with the “European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data (GDPR)”.
ARTICLE 2 WHICH OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA DO I PROCESS?
- Marin-artist processes your personal data in the context of his work. This includes:
- Category 1, based on cookies: your IP-address and details about your visit to his website (such as your browsing habits and your country of origin);
- Category 2, via a form on his website (the contact form): your name and first name, e-mail address and any other information you send in the text input fields “subject” and “message”;
- Category 3, if you call or e-mail: your e-mail address and/or telephone number, as well as the information you give yourself;
- Category 4, when booking his services (live caricatures at parties or events, workshops): your name and first name, e-mail address, telephone number, address;
- Category 5, when ordering a caricature or portrait (digital or on paper): your name and first name, e-mail address, telephone number, photos.
- Marin-artist can collect your personal data in different ways:
- through your registration and use of the website;
- by telephone contact or by e-mail;
ARTICLE 3 WHAT DO I USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
- General purposes:
Marin-artist will only use your personal data for:
- Category 1: maintaining and improving his website, and including personal data in statistics, with your explicit, prior consent as legal basis;
- Category 2 and 3: following up on the question that you asked. The legal basis is your explicit, prior consent online and his legitimate interest when calling by telephone;
- Category 4: carrying out your request for a session live caricatures or a workshop. The legal basis is keeping to an agreement at your request and for which the processing of your personal data is necessary;
- Category 5: making the caricature or portrait and being able to deliver it to the client. The legal basis is keeping to an agreement at your request and for which the processing of your personal data is necessary. Photos on his website or social media are used for promotional purposes, but only with your explicit, prior consent.
- Direct marketing:
Marin-artist also uses your personal data for direct marketing, but only if you give him explicit permission for this (“opt-in”) or if you are one of his existing clients.
You are allowed to withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time, at no cost and without having to give a reason.
ARTICLE 4 HOW DO I SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES?
- In certain circumstances, Marin-artist has to share your data with third parties:
- public authorities, court and police forces, based on a court order or to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations,
- financial institutions,
- Marin-artist shares your personal data with a few (third-party) service providers located outside the European Economic Area, more specifically Google. In order to ensure your personal data is sufficiently protected, he provides appropriate security measures when data is transferred. In this regard, Google uses the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission. In addition, he concludes processing agreements with all other third parties.
- It is possible that one day Marin-artist stops or transfers his activities to someone else, for example, because he goes bankrupt or sells his activities. In that case, he might transfer your personal data to third parties, who take over all or a part of his activities. If this happens, Marin-artist will always try to inform you in advance, but you understand that this is technically or commercially not possible under all circumstances.
ARTICLE 5 HOW LONG DO I KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Marin-artist keeps your personal data for as long as necessary. How long depends on the reason and the purpose of the processing.
For legal reasons, he keeps your invoicing data at least 10 years after the last invoice date. He keeps his clients’ data for as long as the client relationship lasts and for a period of 5 years following the end of the client relationship to ensure the continuity of his services.
ARTICLE 6 WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
At any time, you have the right to ask Marin-artist for free which personal data he has and what he uses the data for. You have the right to ask him to correct, complete or delete your personal data. In a number of cases, listed in the GDPR, you may also ask that he restricts the processing of your personal data. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if you have serious and legitimate reasons that are more important than his need to process your data. You also always have the right to object to your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes. You do not even have to give him a reason. You have the right to ask for your personal data in digital and readable form and/or to have your data transferred to other data controllers of another service provider of your choice. If his processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
You can exercise your rights by e-mail to email@example.com, by post to Kaboutermansstraat 63, 3000 Leuven, Belgium or via the contact form on Marin-artist’s website.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Tel.: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
If necessary, you can also go to civil court to claim compensation.
ARTICLE 7 HOW DO I PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Marin-artist has taken appropriate security measures on a technical and organizational level to guarantee the security of your personal data (such as an SSL certificate for the website, antivirus on the PC and login, password and antivirus for the IONOS mailbox). Under no circumstances Marin-artist can be liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from an incorrect or unlawful use of the personal data by a third party.
ARTICLE 8 COOKIES
A cookie is a small text file containing data. When a user visits a website, cookies are stored on the user’s device to remember information such as language preference or login information. These cookies are set by Marin-artist and are called first-party cookies. In addition, Marin-artist also uses third-party cookies. These are cookies from a different domain than where you are located. The cookies and other tracking technologies are used for the following purposes:
Strictly necessary and functional cookies
Strictly necessary cookies are necessary for Marin-artist’s website to function properly. Therefore, they are set without your permission. He uses them, for example, to remember your privacy settings. With these cookies, he does not gather personal data. He never passes the gathered information on to third parties. You can set your browser to block these cookies or to notify you about them, but some parts of the website will not work.
Functional cookies allow the website to offer additional functions and personal settings. They are set by Marin-artist or third-party service providers that he has placed on his website. If you do not accept these cookies, these services might not work correctly.
In the cookie list below, you can find a summary of the strictly necessary and functional cookies his website uses.
|Google Fonts API||google.com||Google Fonts||This cookie enables a connection to Google Fonts (Google web fonts).||persistent|
|wd||facebook.com||This cookie reads screen resolution.||1 week|
|act||facebook.com||This cookie keeps users logged in.||90 days|
|c_user||facebook.com||This cookie stores a unique user ID.||90 days|
|csm||facebook.com||This cookie provides fraud prevention.||90 days|
|presence||facebook.com||This cookie stores the browser tab and tracks whether it is active.||session|
|cmplz_user_data||marin-artist.com||Complianz||This cookie determines which cookie banner to show.||1 year|
|cmplz_choice||marin-artist.com||Complianz||This cookie stores if a message has been dismissed.||1 year|
|cmplz_id||marin-artist.com||Complianz||This cookie stores anonymized statistics.||1 year|
|cmplz_event_*||marin-artist.com||Complianz||This cookie stores cookie consent preferences.||1 year|
|cmplz_marketing||marin-artist.com||Complianz||This cookie stores cookie consent preferences.||1 year|
|complianz_consent_status||marin-artist.com||Complianz||This cookie stores cookie consent preferences.||1 year|
|pll_language||marin-artist.com||Polylang||This cookie stores language settings.||persistent|
Analytical or statistical cookies
Marin-artist wants to continue improving his website and services. Analytical cookies are a useful tool in this regard. They provide information such as the number of visitors to the website and which pages are most popular. They are never set without your consent, but he would really appreciate it if you would give your permission.
In the cookie list below, you can find a summary of the analytical or statistical cookies his website uses.
|_ga||marin-artist.com||Google Analytics||This cookie stores a unique client ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 jaar|
|_gat_gtag_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx||marin-artist.com||Google Analytics||This cookie is used to throttle the request rate.||sessie|
|_gid||marin-artist.com||Google Analytics||This cookie stores a unique client ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||1 dag|
|wistia-video-progress-*||wistia.com||Wistia||This cookie stores if the user has seen embedded content.||permanent|
|elementor||marin-artist.com||Elementor||This cookie stores performed actions on the website.||permanent|
|PREF||youtube.com||YouTube (Google)||This cookie stores and tracks visits across websites.||1 jaar|
These cookies are set for marketing purposes and are used to track your browsing habits after your visit to the website and/or to show you personalized advertisements. These cookies can be set on the website by Marin-artist or by third parties. You decide whether to give permission to set such marketing cookies.
In the cookie list below, you can find a summary of the marketing cookies his website uses.
|test_cookie||doubleclick.net||Doubleclick (Google)||This cookie is used to check whether the user’s browser supports cookies.||session|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||youtube.com||YouTube (Google)||This cookie is used as a unique identifier to track the viewing of videos.||180 days|
|GPS||youtube.com||YouTube (Google)||YouTube collects user data through videos embedded in websites. Those data are aggregated with profile data from other Google services in order to display targeted advertising to web visitors across a broad range of their own and other websites.||session|
|YSC||youtube.com||YouTube (Google)||YouTube collects user data through videos embedded in websites. Those data are aggregated with profile data from other Google services in order to display targeted advertising to web visitors across a broad range of their own and other websites.||session|
|wistia||wistia.com||Wistia||This cookie stores performed actions on the website.||persistent|
|Google Maps API||google.com||Google Maps||This cookie reads user IP address.||session|
|actppresence||instagram.com||This cookie stores ad display frequency.||1 year|
|_fbc||facebook.com||This cookie stores the last visit.||2 years|
|fbm*||facebook.com||This cookie stores account details.||1 year|
|xs||facebook.com||This cookie stores a unique session ID.||3 months|
|fr||facebook.com||This cookie provides ad delivery or retargeting.||3 months|
|_fbp||facebook.com||This cookie stores and tracks visits across websites.||3 months|
|datr||facebook.com||This cookie provides fraud prevention.||2 years|
|sb||facebook.com||This cookie stores browser details.||2 years|
If you notice that other cookies are set via Marin-artist’s website, please inform him immediately so he can make the necessary adjustments.
Marin-artist will give you as much information as possible about cookies set by third parties. If you want to know more, you can consult the privacy statements of these parties on their respective websites. Please note that Marin-artist has no influence on the content of those statements, nor on the cookie content of those third parties.
When you visit the website for the first time, you will be asked to accept the cookies. You can then manage your choices at any time.
If you have any further questions or comments about the processing of your personal data, please contact Marin-artist by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by post at Kaboutermansstraat 63, 3000 Leuven, Belgium or via the contact form on the website.
More information about cookies can also be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
More information about ‘online behavioral advertising’ and ‘online privacy’ can be found here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/